Not Constantinople

I originally designed this site to share photos of my trip to Turkey and Bulgaria in 2005 (hence the name) But as I'm currently living in London, this seems like the perfect place to share general updates and specific antecdotes...without running up my phone bill.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Goettingen, Germany

I was there for work, and with all the surrounding travel (and BA's effcient loss of my luggage) I didn't manage to engineer a weekend there, though I'd love to go back. Goettingen is a small, old college town that is pretty much in the center of Germany. I was there 3 days and 2 nights, and did manage to have some really good food, beer, and morning walks mixed in with all the work I was doing.

This is a picture of the town square that I took one morning at about 6am, when the bakeries were in full swing and the rest of the town was just waking up.




I don't know much about this statue, but it's lovely, and most of the postcards of the town sported an image of it decorated with fresh flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home