Not Constantinople

I originally designed this site to share photos of my trip to Turkey and Bulgaria in 2005 (hence the name) But as I'm currently living in London, this seems like the perfect place to share general updates and specific antecdotes...without running up my phone bill.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, March 26, 2007

What am I, 12?!?

So, I have tonsillitis. Again. That's twice in 10 months, and easily the 6th time in my life. So help me, if I wasn't 4,000 miles away from my mommy and daddy I'd have demanded that my doctor (who is quite possibly younger than me...ouch) take them out. You here me tonsils?!

On the upside, I did finally figure out how the whole NHS thing works here, and I have to say - not bad at all. Part of it could just be that I found a really good doctor's office, so I'll reserve judgement on the system as a whole for a while longer. But I really was impressed. The only real hassle was trying to get through this morning. They don't answer the phone until 9am, and apparently everybody on God's green earth calls the office then. But I DID get through, and I DID get an appointment for today. I showed up 5 minutes early, waited less than 10 to see the doctor, and it was actually the doctor that greated me in the waiting room so there was no 20 minute intermission between getting my temperature taken and actually seeing the doctor. And the prescription cover is excellent I paid about what my co-pay would have been in the US. (I was a little worried about that)

The bummer of course is that I have an immovable deadline looming at work and I'm well and truly sick. Damn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wester said...

Mommy?

OK, Abbie, now you're knocking the NHS. Which has gone downhill in the past few years, but the Labour government has really tried...something.

I miss you. If you see fog, know I sent it there.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home