Not Constantinople

I originally designed this site to share photos of my trip to Turkey and Bulgaria in 2005 (hence the name) But as I'm currently living in London, this seems like the perfect place to share general updates and specific antecdotes...without running up my phone bill.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A bit of clarification

In case you are from the Midwest and might not know what a 'chav' is:

Definitions of chav on the Web:

Chav is a derogatory slang term in popular usage throughout the UK. It refers to a subculture stereotype of a person who is uneducated, uncultured and prone to antisocial or immoral behaviour. The label is typically, though not exclusively, applied to teenagers and young adults of white working-class or lower-middle class origin. Chav is used for both sexes, where a male chav is sometimes referred to as a chavster and a female as a chavette...

If you are looking to kill some time, I recommend reading some of the definitions of 'chav' posted on www.urbandictionary.com they are a little more in depth and colorful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home